Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Supernatural Season 2: Top 5 Episodes

Today I am continuing my list of top episodes of Supernatural.  This time I am hitting season 2 and boy, it was hard to narrow the episodes down to 5.  Once again I will be including the episode title, number, a quick summary, and my thoughts and reasons for each choice. I am however not ranking the episodes, that is just way too difficult. So without further ado...



No Exit (2x06)
Summary: Sam and Dean take a case put together by Jo about women going missing in an apartment building.  Jo shows up against Ellen's wishes to help solve the case.  Turns out H.H. Holmes ghost is to blame.
Why I picked it: I'll admit, Jo was kind of annoying and I do not miss her character.  However, I still like this episode.  First of all, because I have actually heard of and know a little somethin' somethin' about H.H. Holmes and am interested in that topic.  Secondly, I enjoyed seeing the guys work alongside Jo for a little bit.  The ending had some good drama and that's the last we see Ellen for a while.  Again, mostly my reasoning is H.H. Holmes.  That's a whole other story for another day though.

Tall Tales (2x15)
Summary: The boys head to a college town where urban legends have been coming true.  While doing this they begin to fight over stupid stuff until Bobby saves the day.
Why:  The Trickster!  Need I say more?  He is probably one of my favorite bad guys (but is he really bad?)  I totally agree with his "just desserts" thinking-somewhat.  In addition, I always enjoy the comedy filled episodes like this.  For example, the way some of the victims die and the guys bickering.  Spoiler alert: my season 3 list will most likely feature the Trickster again.

Crossroad Blues (2x08)
Summary: The boys begin to investigate a case where a man was mauled by a dog only to find out it is a hellhound.  They then discover the reason for the mans death, among others is deals with the crossroads demons.
Why: This sets up what is to come in season 3 with Dean and the crossroads demon.  In addition, I also enjoy the cold opening with its jazz music.

What is and Never Should Be (2x20)
Summary: Sam and Dean are hunting a djinn when Dean is attacked and suddenly finds himself in an alternate universe where Mary is still alive and they never began hunting. When Dean realizes all the people they had saved are dead he has to act to change things and return to his "normal" life.
Why: I enjoy seeing Mary  Winchester and the life that the boys could have had if not for yellow eyes.  In addition, its nice to see Dean doing something other than hunting and enjoying a normal apple pie life.  He seems to enjoy it too.

All Hell Breaks Loose (2x21)
Summary: Sam is abducted by Azazel (yellow eyes) and placed in a town with other special children like him.  Turns out he is there to fight it out to see who is the top special kid with powers.  Dean and Bobby go on the hunt for Sam and find the roadhouse burned down.  If you have seen the series you know what happens at the end.  If not, I'm not going to spoil it here.  Either way: major thing.
Why: It sets up most of season 3 with the ending.  In addition, I generally found the "kids" in the ghost town interesting.  It was almost like a version of the Hunger Games where only one can survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment