Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Favorite Marvel Villains


Villains have been my favorite characters since I was little. I think my first villain was Scar from the Lion King, because I loved (and still love) his song, "Be Prepared". I just really like the dangerous qualities about them. The fact that I am nothing like that persona is intriguing as well. Here are some of my favorites from the Marvel Universe!

Loki~

No villain post can be complete without my all-time favorite villain. He's probably my all-time favorite Marvel character. During Thor I was still in my, "Oh my god it's Thor, he's so hot" stage. That changed when I watched The Avengers. The character of Loki is just so intense and Tom Hiddleston plays him perfectly. I went back and watched Thor after that and began to psychoanalyze Loki and he has a lot of pain that you don't really notice the first time around. You begin to understand why he did the things that he did in The Avengers. Then going into Thor: The Dark World, you see him try and achieve redemption for his actions but fail. The little surprise twist at the end leaves me intrigued for the next movie though.


Electro~

I have to admit that I was not a fan of the reboot of Spiderman. I hated the first movie because of how the character of Peter Parker was written. I saw the second movie and my opinion didn't change to much about Peter Parker. I really was fascinated by the villains though. Jamie Fox was a little unconvincing as the nerdy and disturbed Max Dillon. However, when he turned into Electro it was an amazing transformation. His powers were just so awesome and every scene that he was in I was amazed by. He is just a really cool character and I really wish that somehow he could be in another movie.


Green Goblin/Harry Osborn~

I really like James Franco, he is a really strange individual but a well accomplished actor. I really liked his role in the original Spiderman movies. The updated version was really well done as well. Dane DeHann is someone who I had never heard of before this movie. I like James Franco more as an actor but the character was way better in this new movie. He just looked the part, transforming from human to goblin right on the screen. He also seems more evil in the new interpretation. The biggest difference between the two was the story/plot lines. In the original Harry has always been Peter's best friend. In this new movie, Peter says that Harry is his best friend but he's been gone his whole life and just kind of shows up. There was a little bit of a disconnect between them, like they had only just met. I can't wait fo the next appearance of The Green Goblin though.


Sebastian Shaw~

Sebastian Shaw, from X-Men First Class, was a very mysterious villain. I guess you could kind of say that he was the start of the feud between Xavier and Magneto. For being the man that caused Magneto so much pain, I didn't expect him to adapt to his beliefs and views about mutants. I for one, kind of agree with Magneto and Shaw. Shaw's powers were unlike anything that we had seen in the previous movies. The ability to absorb all energy and basically become a human bomb, was quite interesting. I kind of wish that he was able to stick around longer in the franchise. However, a coin through the brain can not be survived; even in the Marvel world.


Dr. Doom~

Dr. Doom is probably the best thing about the first Fantastic 4 movie and that's saying something because the movie wasn't that great. I haven't seen The Silver Surfer so my opinion is only based on the first movie. Victor was a jerk from the beginning of the movie, so everyone knew he was going to be the villain. He was perfect for it. Then he turned into Dr. Doom and became even more of a jerk, but a slightly more cool jerk. After reading up on him a little bit after the movie, he has a very intriguing back story. Even though I have heard that the second movie is awful, I want to see how the character of Dr. Doom progresses.


The Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes~

I am now a huge fan of Bucky's after watching The Winter Soldier. In the first movie, I was too focused on Captain America and didn't really pay attention to his best friend. For me, Bucky is only half a villain. He is forced to become what we see in this movie. The scenes where his memory is wiped and he turns into pretty much a robot, was just heart-breaking. You could tell that he was now starting to question his purpose and what he has become. He just looks so sad and broken that I just want to hug him. He makes an awesome but I think that he would make an even better friend to Captain America.




No comments:

Post a Comment