Thursday, August 28, 2014

Favorite Harry Potter Characters Ashley's Picks

Fred and George Weasley
The Weasley twins were instantly some of my favorites starting with the first time when we as readers met them at platform 9 3/4.  They are just funny, witty, and smart.  They are probably also people whom I would be friends with.  They also stand up for their family and friends.  I think the films did them justice as well.  The Phelps twins who portrayed Fred and George did a good job.


Luna Lovegood
Luna was not an instant favorite for me.  It wasn't til over halfway through the fifth book that I began to like her.  At first she just seemed straight up crazy and as comic relief.  It was later we saw her true character and her heart.  I like the fact that she isn't a typical person and beats to the march of her own drum.  She is an individual who doesn't care what others think of her which I think is awesome.

Molly Weasley
Okay, so I pretty much like all of the Weasley's (except Percy).  I wish I could be a part of this awesome family.  Although Molly can be overbearing at times and kind of scary when she gets angry, she has a great heart.  She's just so caring and sweet.  This is another character whom I think casting in the movies was perfect.    O and my favorite line "Not my daughter you B*#*#"  It just shows how much she cares about her family.


Sirus Black
One of my favorite books was Prisoner of Azkaban.  I especially liked the part where it was revealed that Sirius wasn't bad, but actually a good guy who just so happens to be Harry's godfather.   It gave Harry and us readers hope that he could maybe leave Privet Dr.  I love Sirius because like Molly, he genuinely cares for Harry.  In addition, he has that rebellious side where he just want to have fun.  The beginning of the Order of the Phoenix made me feel for Sirius a little bit more and we also learned more about his past.  One more thing, the animigus part is pretty cool too.

Bellatrix Lestrange
Lets be honest, Bellatrix is a terrible person. She is pretty much He Who Must Not Be Named's number one woman and supporter.  Plus she kills so major characters and a dislike her for that.  However, the movies made me love the character.  Particularly Helena Bonham Carter's portrayal.  It was just amazing.  The casting for that was another perfect match in my opinion.  I wish I had a better reason for liking her other than that, but I do not.  She does know what she believes in though, even if it is evil

No comments:

Post a Comment