Saturday, August 2, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy Review

Last night we went to the movies to see Guardians of the Galaxy.  By we I lean Cecelia and I.  I have a feeling she will be posting her thoughts later on.  I for one will say it was AMAZING!
I will admit a year or so ago when I find out this film was being made I was kind of unsure about it.  I mean aliens? The galaxy?  Chris Pratt as a hero? A stupid talking tree?  Then I saw the first preview with the song "i can't stop this feeling" . It was interesting and funny but I was still undecided. The. all the other previews came out and I got more excited and even more excited to where I had to see the movie.  Marvel can't do wrong right?
The answer is no. They cannot, or at least did nor go wrong by making this movie.  It was epic.  Here's why.
First off, I got never the space thing quickly. It makes for an interesting although sometimes confusing setting.   My next fear about Chris Pratt was totally wrong as well.  He did a great job of being the hero Star Lord.  He was kind of cocky, funny, and quick thinking. I cannot forget that he wasn't too bad to look at either.
As for the tree who we now know as Groot.  He was pretty cool too. I mean, yea he's a talking tree who only says "I am Groot" but he has a good heart. He can also do some pretty cool things like create little lights and grow limbs back.  I will stop there as to not give away any spoilers.
I will repeat again amazing film.  It had great action scenes, interesting characters, has heart and was much funnier than other Marvel films.  It was surprising easy to understand as well, newcomers to the MCU need not worry about being lost.
My favorite character is probably a tie betweeneither Chris Pratts character Peter Quill aka Star Lord and Rocket Raccoon voiced by Bradley Coopee.  He may just steal the show as this comical, cynical "rodent".  
In addition, the sound track is great too. The film opens up with Star Lord dancing to his "Awesome Mix".  It includes some 70's and 80's classics such as "Spirit in the Sky", Cherry Bomb" , and "Two Pina Coladas". I have been listening the soundtrack nonstop the past two days. Each song fits well with the film.  The musical, instrumental score isn't half bad either.
Once , great movie. I give it two thumbs up and recommend fans of Marvel both new and old to check it out. You will not be disappointed.  While you at win the theater a piece of advice: do not leave until the credits are over for good.  Like all movies in the MCU there is a clip at the end.  Although not significant to the MCU like last after credits scenes, it is entertaining.  I cannot wait for the next Guardians film in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment