Saturday, August 2, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy Thoughts

    Ashley and I went to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie on Friday. Then I saw it again tonight with my brother.
    Here are some of my thoughts, no spoilers here! This will just be how I felt about the plot, characters and everything in between.



     Now that I have seen the movie twice this weekend! Here are some of my thoughts on it. 
It was the funniest Marvel movie! There were some serious parts but they didn't last too long. Peter Quill or Rocket were always there to cut the tension with some sarcasm. There were some heart-string tugging moments as well, which I didn't expect at all.
     It was funnier than I expected, which I am really happy about. I was worried that they were showing to much of the funny parts in the trailers. Some movies have fallen victim to that before unfortunately. Fortunately this was not the case for Guardians. The whole theatre was having a great time with this movie.
     The characters were also quite amazing for all being relatively unknown. Groot and Rocket will definitely become fan favorites. I kind of loved Groot, but Peter Quill was my favorite. His energy and sarcasm and wit throughout the movie was fantastic. Gamora was a bad-ass and I feel like there is a lot more to her to be explained. Drax was just OK for me, here's hoping his story gets a little better in the next one.
     The villains were equally as amazing. I can't talk about all of them though, asthat would be too spoilery. Lee Pace as Ronan was really good, I would have liked a little more back-story on him though. It was pretty cool to finally see Thanos again. Considering we have been waiting since The Avengers, it was cool to finally see and hear the full character. Last, not quite a villain but I really like The Collector. I need to see more of him because  he is just a cool character. I think we will be seeing him in future movies for sure.

Go see this movie! It was super funny and action-packed. I don't think you will be disappointed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment