Monday, September 1, 2014

Man Crush Monday: Viggo Mortenson

     I have to admit that when I first watched Lord of the Rings, the first character that caught my eye was Aragorn. Of course, he was quickly and permanently replaced by Legolas. I still always loved that character. He was the strong but reluctant leader of the Fellowship after Gandalf supposedly died. His growth and changes throughout the movie are kind of overshadowed by Frodo's story. 



        I've only ever seen one of Viggo Mortensen's movies besides LOTR, that was Hidalgo. He was pretty good in that, but not as good as Aragorn. For me, that's who he will always be. He seems to be a fantastic actor, really quite talented. For any actor in an iconic role like this, they get stuck into only being known as that one character. We see this all the time with younger actors/actresses. I think Viggo Mortensen had a name for himself before LOTR and will continue to be prevalent in today's movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment