Friday, October 3, 2014

Mutant of the Week: Storm

This week I am featuring another one of my favorites: Storm.  She has probably been my favorite X-Men since I was little.  Probably back then because she was one of the few girls and I thought that was cool.  Now I like her for her abilities.  I am a fan of thunderstorms so that she can summon weather is awesome.  I would use that all the time if I had that power.  Continuing on I give to you this weeks Mutant of the Week, Storm.

Name: Ororo Munroe
First Appearance: Giant Size X-Men #1
Powers and Abilities: Can control the weather.  She can even use this to bend light so she is almost invisible and can even seperate hydrogen and oxygen in water so she can breathe underwater
Other Attributes: White hair.  Blue eyes that glow white when using powers.


Storm is a descendent of an ancient line of African priestesses. Her mother met her father and they moved to New York where Storm was born.   Her parents died later when a plane crashed into their home killing them but leaving young Ororo in the rubble.  She was later raised by thieves and trained to pickpocket.  At one point she even tried to pickpocket Xavier who was able to stop the theft using his powers.
She would meet Xavier later after the X-men and Storm defeat another weather controlling mutant trying to take over the world.  Xavier recruits Storm when he needs to rescue his original students.

Storm has a rather long and complicated history.  This is just a briefing of her beginning and initial meeting with the X-Men and Charles Xavier.  For more information check out this page.

Over the years since her original publication, Storm has appeared in many comics and movies.  She was portrayed by Halle Berry in the first three films and Days of Future Past.


No comments:

Post a Comment