Monday, October 13, 2014

Gotham Episode 4: Arkham

I had such high hopes for this weeks episode of Gotham.  I am not saying it was bad.  Not at all.  However seeing as it was called Arkham I just had such ridiculously high hopes for this week.  That is my own fault.
Overall it was a good episode.  This week we finally got an idea of what is going on with Arkham.  The two big crime families are having a turf war over it and who gets control.  This leads to murder which leads to Gordon and Bullock investigating.  We also got to see once again what Oswald Cobblepot is up to over at the restaurant owned by Maroni.  O, and Fish Mooney popped up per usual with no major input in the plot line.
I love Cobblepot/The Penguin.  The actor Robin Lord Taylor is a great pick for that role and owns it.  So creepy and smart and an interesting character all around.  We also got to see the wonderful Ed Nigma again.  I wish they would show him more often, but I am sure that will be later.
Once again, Fish Mooney appeared.  She was having try outs for a new singer/worker.  I am not totally sure why, or the purpose of this.  She then has the two fight it out for who gets the job.  The only thing I liked about this whole Fish story line was that it reminded me of the Joker in The Dark Knight when he only wants one or two thugs to help him and throws them the broken pool cue to fight it out.  I am sure this will have more meaning in the future but as of now I don't get it and I still do not like the character of Fish Mooney.
One last bit, we have Arkham.  We finally got a glimpse at Arhkam Asylum.  There was a great shot of the gates to Arhkam that made me think of a comic book.  I loved it.  Turns out Arkham Asylum is being updated.  I am still hopeful that Arkham will play a bigger role in the future.  I will have to wait and see.
Overall another decent episode.  Actually, I really enjoyed it with the exception of certain characters.  Hoping next weeks episode is another great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment